Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Listening Booth: Clark Datchler

I mentioned in passing the other day that former Johnny Hates Jazz vocalist Clark Datchler had a new album out, his first in about 15 years. I've had a chance to listen to some of the tracks, and I was impressed. In particular the title track "Tomorrow" struck me as possibly the best song he's ever written, with a very contemporary sound.

Tomorrow - Video

Clark also offers a free track "Nothing Left To Lose" which is typical of the quality and sound of the whole album.

Clark Datchler - Nothing Left To Lose

As I've mentioned before, you can stream the album or download or purchase the CD at www.clarkdatchler.com. It's also available on iTunes and at Amazon.

**UPDATE** Just discovered a pretty good interview covering the new release and Clark's varied musical history. An interesting read.

No comments: