Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Rhapsody Round-Up


One thing you won't find in my blog is unnecessary advertising. I'm not trying to make any money from this site - my goal is purely to inform and entertain. That being said, I will give props when due, particularly for products and websites that enhance my own entertainment experience.

I've been a Rhapsody subscriber for six months, and in conjunction with my SanDisk MP3 player, downloading from Rhapsody and listening to the preset stations ('channels') is the primary way I discover new music. Rhapsody is great for several reasons:
  1. Almost every artist you can think of (especially in the USA) is fairly well represented.
  2. Albums are available to download on the day of release, or often before. I was able to download the new Crowded House album, for example, about a week before it was released in stores.
  3. Exclusive live sessions are available, as well as artist interviews.
  4. The channels are a great mix, usually including brand new tracks.
  5. Transferring tracks to my player is a snap. I can also import any of my existing mp3 collection.
  6. The connection with Best Buy also means exclusive Best Buy tracks are also available for download.
  7. One monthly fee ($14.99) covers everything, unless I want to burn my own CD's - which I don't ever need to do.
Here's some albums I have recently added to my player:

1. The Frames - The Cost
2. Minnie Driver - Seastories
3. Manic Street Preachers - Send Away The Tigers
4. Grace Potter and the Nocturnals - This Is Somewhere
5. Josh Rouse - Country Mouse, City House
6. Mark Knopfler - Kill To Get Crimson
7. Suzanne Vega - Beauty & Crime
8. Colbie Caillat - Coco

I promise to post a CD review or two, when I have some time.

No comments: