Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Weekend Mixtape - Always Asking Questions













Musicians are a rum lot. One minute they act like they know everything, the next they are looking for answers. Here's a set of question songs. And, yes, I could have included "Should I Stay Or Should I Go?", "What Have I Done To Deserve This?" or "What Makes You Think You're The One?" but I elected to go for more contemporary tunes this time.
  1. Bob Evans - Don't You Think It's Time?
  2. Grant McLennan - Haven't I Been A Fool?
  3. Homer Hiccolm & The Rocketboys - Do I Wake Or Sleep?
  4. September 67 - What's Wrong With Alice?
  5. Counting Crows - Why Should You Come When I Call?
  6. Nik Kershaw - What Do You Think Of It So Far?
  7. World Party - What Does It Mean Know? *
  8. The Devlins - Where Are You Tonight?
  9. Abraham - What Gives With You?
  10. Iris - Annie, Would I Lie To You?
  11. a-Ha - Did Anyone Approach You?
  12. Bryan Adams - Why Do You Have To Be So Hard To Love?
  13. Pink Floyd - What Do You Want From Me?
  14. The Sundays - What Do You Think?
  15. Alex Lloyd - What's Wrong?
Download

* During the research for this weeks mixtape, I discovered that World Party songwriter Karl Wallinger is a pretty neurotic individual. His other question songs include "Is It Like Today?", "What Is Love All About?", "Is It Too Late?" and "Who Are You?".

Also notice that a majority of the songs are performed by men. A little surprising considering the experience the gals have with phrases like "Did You Take Out The Trash?", "Does My Bum Look Big In This?" and "Where Were You Last Night?" - which reminds me, I need to dig out the Traveling Wilburys song.

1 comment:

CTV said...

Lovely mix, and a great concept idea. The Bob Evans song is just brilliant (as is much of Suburban Songbook), and I'm happy to note that at least one other person in the blogosphere makes some sort of mention of the man.