Musicians are a rum lot. One minute they act like they know everything, the next they are looking for answers. Here's a set of question songs. And, yes, I could have included "Should I Stay Or Should I Go?", "What Have I Done To Deserve This?" or "What Makes You Think You're The One?" but I elected to go for more contemporary tunes this time.
- Bob Evans - Don't You Think It's Time?
- Grant McLennan - Haven't I Been A Fool?
- Homer Hiccolm & The Rocketboys - Do I Wake Or Sleep?
- September 67 - What's Wrong With Alice?
- Counting Crows - Why Should You Come When I Call?
- Nik Kershaw - What Do You Think Of It So Far?
- World Party - What Does It Mean Know? *
- The Devlins - Where Are You Tonight?
- Abraham - What Gives With You?
- Iris - Annie, Would I Lie To You?
- a-Ha - Did Anyone Approach You?
- Bryan Adams - Why Do You Have To Be So Hard To Love?
- Pink Floyd - What Do You Want From Me?
- The Sundays - What Do You Think?
- Alex Lloyd - What's Wrong?
* During the research for this weeks mixtape, I discovered that World Party songwriter Karl Wallinger is a pretty neurotic individual. His other question songs include "Is It Like Today?", "What Is Love All About?", "Is It Too Late?" and "Who Are You?".
Also notice that a majority of the songs are performed by men. A little surprising considering the experience the gals have with phrases like "Did You Take Out The Trash?", "Does My Bum Look Big In This?" and "Where Were You Last Night?" - which reminds me, I need to dig out the Traveling Wilburys song.