Pages

Friday, November 28, 2008

Product Review: Coosh Headphones

Something a little different today. I occasionally get emails mentioning new releases by bands, and apart from Empire of the Sun, I've not mentioned any because I don't blog about stuff unless I genuinely have an interest in it. So when I was offered the chance to road test some new headphones by Coosh (pronounced Kush) I had to think about it. In fact, I ignored the first email. When the second opportunity came along, I was a little more accommodating.

When it comes to headphones, I will confess that I am a little demanding. I tend to wear them when I travel, and would prefer to use them at home when I am competing for sound space with my daughter's Scooby Doo fixation. Up until this point, I have been disappointed. Firstly, let me say that although I know it is possible to spend over $100 on a pair of headphones, there is no way I will spend that much - it's just not my style. So when I got my MP3 player a couple of years ago, I tried to use the ear buds that came with it - but ear buds just never seem to stay in my ears. You know the drill - you twist in your seat, or move your head and one or the other flops out like a sloth at a mattress factory. So then I tried some over-ear 'phones, the ones with a band that goes round the neck instead of hurting the top of your head. They would stay on, but still felt uncomfortable and, much more significantly, would never push the sound into the ear, so it just wasn't an immersive experience.

The last set I bought, which I have still been using occasionally, was a set of Panasonic hybrids, which have an ear bud connected to clips that fit over the ears. The sound quality is good, but the clips are too rigid and don't mould around the ear to give a really comfortable fit.

What all this means for the Coosh product, was that it had the opportunity to become my earphones of choice, and that's what happened. They do everything I need them to - they stay on, fit comfortably, sound good and are reasonably priced at $19.99 (on Amazon and elsewhere).

I've put together a short video comparing the headphones, which will be up soon. Here's a video showing how well the buds stay on - even if you are in a hip-hop crew!



Overall this is a new product I am more than happy to recommend.

1 comment:

Miss Parker said...

I'll be on the lookout. I have never been able to use earbuds because, I guess, my ear openings are too small - they just don't stay in. So, I own three different types of earphones that have over-the-ear contraptions - none are truly satisfactory for audio quality. At 19.99, I'm willing to give Coosh a try.

Cheers, and belated Happy Thanksgiving!

MissP
X