Pages

Friday, February 15, 2008

That Friday Feeling: Transvision Vamp

Ever wake up and think, "Hey, today feels like a Transvision Vamp day?"

Yeah, I thought I was the only one. Note for the kiddios - don't get confused, I know Wendy James looks a bit like Paris Hilton, but, um, there's no similarity. Whatsoever. Really.

Transvision Vamp - The Only One


Transvision Vamp - Tell That Girl To Shut Up


Transvision Vamp - Baby I Don't Care


Transvision Vamp - Born To Be Sold


Transvision Vamp - If Looks Could Kill


Bonus Downloads:












Transvision Vamp - Pop Art (1988)
  1. Trash City
  2. I Want Your Love
  3. Sister Moon
  4. Psychosonic Cindy
  5. Revolution Baby
  6. Tell That Girl to Shut Up
  7. Wild Star
  8. Hanging Out With Halo Jones
  9. Andy Warhol's Dead
  10. Sex Kick
Download
Password: egresovic















Transvision Vamp - Velveteen (1989)

  1. Baby I Don't Care
  2. The Only One
  3. Landslide of Love
  4. Falling For A Goldmine
  5. Down on You
  6. Song to The Stars
  7. Kiss Their Sons
  8. Born to Be Sold
  9. Pay The Ghosts
  10. Bad Valentine
  11. Velveteen
Download
Password: egresovic

Nice Collection of B-Sides and Remixes

http://rapidshare.com/files/49248198/tv-12inchvbs.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/49252012/tv-12inchvbs.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/49253920/tv-12inchvbs.part3.rar

5 comments:

Kippers said...

Ahh, Wendy James - my last ever pop star crush. She didn't half come out with some guff in interviews, though, in hindsight!

Unknown said...

Wendy's solo effort with Elvis Costello was strangely underrated. BASEMENT KISS was one of my favourite early 90s tunes and far exceeded in quality anything that Transvision Vamp did, I think.

The Scottish Stoner said...

It's not morning, but I suddenly decided it was time for a bit of Vamp and lo and behold google led me here - good work fella!

Sebastian said...

Listening to Velveteen right now and I have to conclude that it's not half bad. The singles have aged badly but the second half of the album has a nice laid-back vibe to it. I daresay Wendy was the precursor to Shirley Manson. The 10-minute title track is gloriously OTT in an epic style that reeks of the late 80's. Overall it's good in a "had-to-be-there" kind-of-way.

tmb said...

Hi Any chance of putting back up Velveteen and B sides collections pretty please - thanx for great blog :)