Pages

Monday, December 10, 2007

Push Stars - Paint The Town (2004)

In case you hadn't already noticed, Christmas preparations are playing havoc with my blogging routine! So sorry to all those who keep waiting for things to return to normal. I hope you guys like variety!

Here's a CD that I got from Goodwill last week, and it's stayed in the car CD player for several days. I got it partly because it was new (I have a fetish for unwrapping sealed CD's and DVD's!) and because every review on Amazon gave it five stars out of five. That's maximum points from eleven people with no-one saying "yeah, but" or "didn't like this track". As it happens, they were all correct.

I really don't know anything about the band except that they make bright, shiny, commercial pop/rock with that mixture of sincerity and self-belief that the Americans do better than anyone else. Contemporaries would be Lifehouse, The Goo Goo Dolls, maybe even the Shins in a commercially focused mood.

The album is still in print, so I'm just going to put up some tasters, with the emphasis on "tasty". It was very hard to pick a few tracks, as they are really all quite good. Hopefully, this band will be a new discovery for many of you.

The Push Stars - In The Galaxy (buy the mp3 track at Amazon)

The Push Stars - Paint The Town (buy the mp3 track at Amazon)

The Push Stars - Hanging By A Thread (buy the mp3 track at Amazon)

Probably my favorite track is the closer, "Drifting Away". I've added it to my Java player and you can buy the track here. Sorry for the commercial plugs but I've always said that I have no intention of withholding earnings from artists when commercial outlets are available.

No comments: