Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Great Smiths Covers Competition

Track 5 - There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

Probably the most covered Smiths track. Many covers however are pale copies of the original and offer nothing new. Even though I don't think the original can be bettered, here are my selections:

Joseph Arthur
Loquat
Null Device
Anberlin

I could just as easily have gone for covers by The Divine Comedy, TM Schneider, Pilot Scott Tracy, or live covers by The Ocean Blue or Neil Finn.

Please vote for your preference!

3 comments:

Miss Parker said...

i went to vote - for an incredibly sexy voice - and couldn't find the radio buttons - lol. But it's OK...I'll just have to let that voice keep crooning in my ear until the poll appears. ;-)

mineforlife said...

My dear Sandy, what would I do without you?

Miss Parker said...

Probably live a peaceful (yet utterly boring) existence. ;-)

Thank you. :-)