Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

Baby, You're So Excitable

Those of you who truly love music, and I'm guessing that's most of you, will know what I mean when I mention the giddy rush that comes from discovering some great music in a place you really don't expect to. It's really my biggest motivation for maintaining a blog.

What's also great is that it's such an individual experience, no two people react to music in exactly the same way, and I can point to several examples of where I have given something a second chance because another blogger was raving about it. And, let's face it, falling in love is an addictive experience.

I'm excited right now because I'm pretty sure I've just discovered my record of the year. I'm not going to say too much yet, except to provide the following snippets:
  • I'm thinking that very few people, if any, who read my blog regularly will have heard of this release
  • It cost me a whopping $0.75
  • It was released in 2008
  • Female vocals
More will be revealed next month. In the meantime, here's some excitable music.






And here's the extended mix:

Amazulu - Excitable (Extended Mix)

And some more (exciting) tunes:

The Housemartins - Five Get Over Excited
Warren Zevon - Excitable Boy

If you're looking for The Pointer Sisters, well, I'm not that excited - yet!

3 comments:

xolondon said...

gahhhh. What is it?!

Anonymous said...

ooooh!
how exciting!!!

can you please make it even more excitable for me by doing a mini-amazulu post of Too Good To Be Forgotten and Don't You Just Know It. Extended pleasure pretty please?

cheers!

Miss Parker said...

*Next month?* Holy moly....you're a cruel man, fifty! ;-)

Me, I'm not as reserved...I tend to just blurt out my excellent finds. :-)

Cheers,
MissP
X