Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Introducing Base Ten Records


I'm very excited to be able to announce the formation of my new record label, Base Ten Records.

This year, like many other people, I have been looking for ways to actively support the music community. Over the summer I started spending more time on Bandcamp, especially on Bandcamp Fridays, where once a month all the revenues go direct to the artist. I started to think about all the records I had collected, all the wonderful obscure albums I have enjoyed, and enjoyed restoring digitally, and most importantly, the talented artists behind them.

Last month I decided to take the plunge and tracked down a few of the artists and asked them if they would be interested in using my label to promote their music on Bandcamp. The response was very positive, so I was encouraged enough to take the plunge and form the label.

I'm working on releasing 2-3 albums of material a month, all approved by the artists themselves and with their input and, potentially, further previously unreleased goodies. 

I'm really enjoying the challenge of putting together a label design, and creating the artist pages, releasing the music, etc. I've put up our first two releases, and so now is the time to begin promotion  - especially with the next Bandcamp Friday (possibly the last fee free day) coming this Friday.

I will be using the blog more and more to promote our releases and the artists involved. I'm also going to release a compilation series privately to the friends of Mine For Life with the goal of being able to track down some of the more elusive artists on my want list.

Our address is http://basetenrecords.bandcamp.com please stop by and say hello. And watch this space for new developments!

1 comment:

Pernt said...

Congratulations on the launch of your label! Based on the artists you've featured here on your blog, I can imagine I'm going to really like the bands you promote...

Here's hoping 2021 is the year of Base Ten!